Dandruff Natural Treatments for Seborrheic Dermatitis
Dandruff, also called seborrheic dermatitis is an itchy, flaky and persistent skin disorder of the scalp, without redness. It results when the scalp sheds dead skin cells in large numbers. Dandruff appears as dry, white or greyish flakes usually on the top of the head.
Read useful Anti dandruff herbal hair oil .
It is normal to continuously shed some dead skin flakes, as the skin is constantly renewing itself. With dandruff, this whole process of skin renewal speeds up, so a greater number of dead cells get shed. In addition, the cells are shed in clumps, which are big enough to be seen with the naked eye as embarrassing flakes. The scalp may also feel slightly itchy.
Natural Treatments for Dandruff
• While rinsing hair, a table spoon of lemon juice along with some mild conditioners can do the job with a quick head massage given for trouble free hair. This can also increase the shine of your hair leaving you free from any problems of itching.
• One of the major consequences of dandruff is itchy scalp that leads to weakening of the roots and breakage of the hair strands. The colorless flakes with a dry and scaly scalp are just embarrassing and you never feel like wearing black clothing when you are heavily impure with dandruff.
There are several remedies that are sure to help you get out of this situation along with healthy hair growth. These are to be followed strictly for a short period for increased results.
• Coconut milk or milk is best conditioner for your hair and you can easily massage a little coconut milk onto your scalp every day before bath for a few minutes. Leave it for around 1 hour or so before you rinse it well. Find great difference on increased hair loss conditions if used three times a week without fail.
• For dandruff, you can head oil in a pan and add 3 to 4 cloves of garlic and peppercorns to it. After cooling the mixture can be applied onto the scalp with a gentle massage.
The next morning, you can massage the scalp and then shampoo it to find different and voluminous hair. Find better and appealing outcome if the similar is followed at least two periods in a week for a month or so for dandruff – free, healthy and clean hair.
• Rub onion onto scalp. Onions are high in sulphur, which is essential for a healthy scalp.
• Avoid dyeing hair, unless an absolute must. We all have bacteria on our scalp, some of which are beneficial. These ‘good’ bacteria prevent dandruff yeast, and hair dyes reduce their numbers.
• Garlic whether eaten or applied externally is excellent for fighting dandruff.
• Apple cider vinegar (diluted with equal amount of water) when massaged onto scalp helps curb dandruff. It is a natural antiseptic.
• Lemon juice or sour curd when applied onto scalp is also useful.
• Fenugreek seeds – ground into a fine paste, applied onto scalp, and left for half an hour.
• Juice of bitter gourd when massaged with oil onto scalp relieves dandruff.
• Boil some neem leaves in 4 teacups of water. After cooling and filtering, use for washing hair.